I'm In the Miler Club Now!

SparkPeople.com:: Community Highlight - The most positive social community on the web!

SCHATZISMOM

Week of 05/26/2016 - Featured Blog Post

I'm In the Miler Club Now!

I cannot BELIEVE that this happened. I walked a mile on the trail today. My husband was with me and he made it easier by moving his car to the end in case I couldn't make it. It gave me the confidence I needed to try it. He's been walking too and although I'm a little bit ahead of him, he's working hard also. I wasn't even sure I could walk the 3/4 of a mile I did yesterday. I just started out and did my best. It was chilly and rainy but I wore my walking shorts.

When I got to the half mile mark, I started to get worn out. I wanted to stop a couple of times but I just kept pushing. I decided to keep going forward as I have some weird mental block about turning around and coming back to where I've been. When I made it to 3/4, I wanted to stop a LOT. But I kept thinking, "C'mon you can do this." I really slowed down toward the end and my husband pulled the car up ahead of me so I could basically fall in when I was done. I sort of did but I could still talk when I was done.

I've never felt more proud of myself because this is something that I thought I'd never do again. I haven't walked this far in over 30 years.

Click here to join in the fun of cheering on this member!



Motivational Member

  CALIDREAMER76

Calidreamer76

Welcome to my world! I've been using spark people since January 2, 2007. My initial goal was to lo...

...Go To CALIDREAMER76 Page
 
Featured Member Blogs

Spark Doesn't Work.
Sat + Sun (Minnesota Part 3)
Landscape Arboretum (Minnesota Part 2)
What I learned after losing the first 10 pounds
 
Featured SparkTeam

Vegan Fitness and Nutrition

A team for vegans, aspiring vegans, and the vegan curious to find and share inspiration, ideas, nutrition & fitness tips, recipes, comraderie, and fun...

Visit this Team ›

Join a SparkTeam Today ›

More Community Links:     Polls | My SparkPage | Success Stories | Secrets of Success


  SparkPeople's mission is to Spark millions of People around the world to get healthy and reach new goals every day. Join the movement by clicking the link below to earn your SparkPoints, or connecting with SparkPeople in one of these other ways:

 
  More From SparkPeople:

Click here to get your sparkpoints
  Share on Facebook Follow on Pinterest Share on Twitter Follow on Google+ SparkPeople YouTube Channel Sign up for SparkPeople Newsletters Get SparkPeople Apps  


Click here to UNSUBSCRIBE from this email
To unsubscribe by postal mail, send a letter or postcard with your email address to: SparkPeople, 310 Culvert Street, Suite 301, Cincinnati, OH 45202
© 2016 SparkPeople, Inc. All rights reserved. | Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy | Manage Emails


No comments:

Post a Comment