My secret to non-boring weeknight meals

Meal prep — but make it *actually* fun!
͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­ ͏ ‌     ­
Healthline
The Nutrition Edition
Today's Ingredients
 
 
 
 
Main Course
My secret ingredient to exciting meal prep
It was around 2014 when I got super into big-batch food planning. Mason jar salads, large pots of quinoa, sheet pan vegetable and chicken roasts –– you name the trend, I probably tried it. My typical weekly meal prep consisted of batches of rice, roasted broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and chicken (thighs over breasts every day). This went on for years. I switched up the main ingredients every so often, but eventually I got bored of the same old flavors and eating stopped being exciting for me.
So, what re-sparked my flame? It wasn't until the pandemic that I found new meal prep inspiration within cookbooks to plan out my breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. Sure, there are endless recipes on the internet, but what I appreciate about cookbooks is that they're carefully curated collections of meals that the author rigorously tested before ultimately deciding to share them with us. So while I was stuck at home, I hung out in my kitchen trying delicious-looking recipes from my various cookbooks. I experimented with unfamiliar ingredients, discovered new combinations of flavors, and expanded my meal prep menu.
 
 
 
 
Tell us: Do you have any favorite cookbook or meal prep hacks you love to use? Email me your recommendations, and I'll respond when I can!
Great finds
Standing ovation
 
 
 
Norpro Acrylic Cookbook Holder
Norpro Acrylic Cookbook Holder
There are a ton of cookbook stands on Amazon. But what's special about this option is that it has a tall front part that protects most of your book (depending on its size) from splashes and staining. Plus, the clear, easy-to-clean design lets the cover –– ideally, a picturesque meal –– serve as a piece of kitchen art to inspire hunger. It'll be extremely hard to find a stand that fully covers every cookbook, but to me, the signs of a genuinely good cookbook are dirty-ish pages.
Shop now
Every product we recommend has gone through Healthline's vetting process. If you buy through links on this page, we may receive a small commission or other tangible benefit. Healthline has sole editorial control over this newsletter. Potential uses for the products listed here are not health claims made by the manufacturers. Healthline is owned by RVO Health.
 
 
 
the takeout
What we're digesting
🥗 How one person dropped the junk food and got serious with an MS-friendly diet. As it turns out, raw cookie dough is bad for you.
🥛 The benefits — and side effects — of drinking Muscle Milk. I just bought a new tub of their Cookies 'n Creme flavor, so I'm personally invested in this story!
🥃 Does alcohol thin your blood? Some common questions about alcohol and its effects on your body, answered.
🚽 The best pooping position for constipation. It's the information you didn't know you needed.
It's been great writing to you again! Any and all feedback is always appreciated, so keep your emails coming. I'll be back on Thursday to talk about my favorite grocery store staple that my co-workers are sick of hearing me talk about in Slack.
Until next time,
Healthline
Take care of yourself, and we'll see
you again soon!
 
This edition was powered by
many, many food storage containers.
fb   tiktok   X   insta
View in browser

Did a friend send you this email? Subscribe here.
To see all newsletters, click here.

Privacy   |   Unsubscribe

Our website services, content, and products are for informational purposes only. Healthline does not provide medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment and should not be used as a substitute for medical advice from a healthcare professional. Healthline encourages you to make any treatment decisions with your healthcare professional. Healthline is owned by RVO Health.

© 2023 Healthline Media LLC
275 7th Ave., 24th Floor
New York, NY 10001

No comments:

Post a Comment